Sunday, September 5, 2021

REVIEW: Mrs Morris & the Ghost

 Mrs. Morris & the Ghost
Author: Traci Wilton


I read this book in 2019 when it first came out. Loved it! There are now 4 books in this series and a 5th coming out soon, so I decided to revisit Mrs. Morris and her haunted Salem B&B. In audio this time! 

I love ghost stories. Always have. When I first read the blurb for this book, I knew I would enjoy the story. And I did! For me, this book was a mix of nostalgia for favorite haunting tales like The Ghost and Mrs. Muir, and my love for cozy mysteries with a ghostly theme.

The basics: Charlene Morris relocates to Salem, MA after her husband's death. She just couldn't stand living in the house and city where she and her husband had been happy for so many years. So, she bought a large estate in Salem with the intent of opening a bed and breakfast. Charlene doesn't have much time to get the house set up because it's almost Halloween, and that would be a perfect time to debut a new B&B in Salem. As she busies herself with hiring contractors to paint, buying furniture for the bedrooms and readying herself to start taking reservations, she notices something strange about the house. It seems she isn't alone. She left the ghosts of her past behind in Chicago only to trade them for a real ghost in a large house in Salem. To rid herself of the ghost, Charlene finds herself investigating a death. Was it a natural death....or something much more sinister?

The audio, narrated by Callie Beaulieu, is about 9.5 hours long. Beaulieu does a great job of voice acting. She brought the story and characters to life! 

I'm going to listen my way through the first four books in this series to be ready for the new book. Listening on Hoopla through my local public library! 

No comments:

Post a Comment