Monday, September 27, 2021

REVIEW: Suicide Forest

 Suicide Forest
Author: Jeremy Bates


Aokigahara Forest, Japan. The Suicide Forest. A beautiful, haunting wilderness near Mount Fuji that is infamous for the number of people who go there every year to kill themselves. Scary. Hauntingly scary.

Book #1 in Jeremy Bates' World's Scariest Places series, Suicide Forest is definitely a creepy read! I loved it! 

The Basics: Bad weather prevents a group of friends from climbing Mt. Fuji. So, they decide to camp in the neighboring Aokigahara Forest instead. Bad idea. Very, very bad idea. 

I listened to the audio book version of this story (Tantor Audio). The audio is just over 10 hours long and narrated by Joe Hempel. Hempel gives a great voice acting performace -- totally creeped me out! 

I enjoy Jeremy Bates' stories! Definitely making more of this series part of my Halloween reading this fall! 


No comments:

Post a Comment