Monday, September 6, 2021

REVIEW: Chihuahua Conspiracy

 Chihuahua Conspiracy (Pet Whisperer PI #6)
Author: Molly Fitz


I love this series! The books and audio are shorter length (20 chapters or so) which makes them quick reads that I can easily slip into snippets of free time (commutes to and from work, breaks, lunch, before bed etc). Plus Octo Cat's antics never fail to make me smile. This series makes for a great break from life stress and current world issues. In 2020, I caught up to the last book in this series and lost track of it amid the shuffle of work, a pandemic, my husband being forced to retire from his job, etc.  Then I saw a newsletter email from Molly Fitz in my inbox a few days ago, and memories of Octo Cat and this fun, entertaining book series came flooding back into my tired brain. 

I was excited to see that in my time away from this series six more books and one in-between story have been added! Yay! 

I downloaded the audio book for Chihuahua Conspiracy immediately and had the best time listening! Narrated by Ann Richardson, the audio is just over three hours. I listened while cleaning the house and doing laundry. Great story! 

The Basics: Octo Cat is unhappy when Nan adopts a cute little chihuahua named Paisley from the animal shelter. Turns out the local shelter is also overcrowded and it seems funds have been disappearing. Angie has a mystery to solve on the home front as well -- who keeps breaking things in the house? Embezzled funds, a pouting tabby and smashed china -- so much going on! 

Cute, entertaining story! Richardson does an excellent job of voice acting. Fun listening experience! And a great reminder why I love this series -- it makes me smile and takes my mind off all the things going on at the moment. :) 

On to the next book -- Raccoon Racketeer! 

No comments:

Post a Comment