Wednesday, April 11, 2018

REVIEW: Brief, Horrible Moments

Brief, Horrible Moments
Author: Marco Pandza

There is a moment in every horror movie where the plot twists around on itself and you get that oh-my-god-I-can't-believe-that-just-happened feeling. Brief, Horrible Moments delivers that feeling in every sentence. A collection of one sentence horror snippets, the book is a fun (yet demented) read.

My favorites:

All my friends knew I slept during the day because I worked the night shift, which was easier than explaining that I'd been given a curfew by the thing in my closet.

The smiling clown looked into my eyes, clutched my broken, twisted body and whispered, "I'm going to make you a balloon animal.''

Some of these little horrific gems are great, others gross, even demented and some missed the mark entirely for me. But we all have different things that horrify us....there's a little bit for everyone in this book. Definitely a fun read for those who like cheesy horror. The sentences are organized into chapters: Monsters, Demons, Creatures & Oddities; Murder, Death & the Dead; Family, Friends, Love & Relationships; Food & Eating; Fear, Dread & the Unknown; Crime & Punishment; Doctors, Health & Hospitals; and, The Human Body.

I had fun reading some of these out loud to my husband and son. Very creative and fun book!

**I won a copy of this book in a Goodreads.com giveaway. All opinions expressed in this review are entirely my own.**


No comments:

Post a Comment