Thursday, April 19, 2018

REVIEW: Gemina

Gemina
Authors: Amie Kaufman & Jay Kristoff

Gemina is the second book in the Illuminae Files series. The story is told using personal journal entries & drawings, emails, ship communication logs and other information related to an attack on a space station. I absolutely love the creativity and suspense of this series! It's not just a great story...but it's visually entertaining as well. The diagrams, drawings, messages, logs, etc just bring a coolness factor to the story. It makes this series different.....and one of the most entertaining science fiction/action stories I've read in a long time!

In Illuminae, mining corporation BeiTech attacked a colony on Kerenza. To cover up the attack, BeiTech now intends to jump a fleet of drones through the wormhole at Heimdall Jump Station to destroy any survivors of the Kerenza attack. Then, they will also destroy the Jump Station. No witnesses. No survivors. Hanna Donnelly, daughter of the station's captain and two members of a drug-dealing crime family, Ella and Nik Malikov find themselves thrown together to resist the murderous invaders on the station.

I'm always a bit worried when I really love the first book in a series that the subsequent books won't be as good. This time I had nothing to worry about. Gemina is a fabulous continuation of the story started in Illuminae! Lots of action...great suspense...just a very entertaining space action story! Gemina ends on a bit of a cliffhanger....so I'm very very glad I have the finale of the trilogy, Obsidio on my TBR shelf waiting for me!

I am definitely going to be reading more by Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff. The Illuminae series is just outstanding! I will be sorry to reach the end....but will jump into other books by these two talented authors!

No comments:

Post a Comment