Sunday, April 29, 2018

REVIEW: Simon's Cat in Kitten Chaos

Simon's Cat in Kitten Chaos
Author: Simon Tofield

This book is a must-read for any cat lover, especially those who have brought home a cute, fuzzy kitten to the annoyance of an adult cat already in residence. :) As someone who has fostered many litters of rescue kittens, I know the annoyed stare of my adult cats as I clean, brush and play with infiltrators. I have seen my adult kitties run terrified from kittens who want to play with them, watched my chihuahuas herd baby kittens into their doggie bed for a nap, and chastised big kitties for whapping little fuzzy babies who just wanted to play on the cat tree. These cartoons had me laughing out loud and remembering incidents that actually happened in my house.

From a kitten's first lovely and also terrifying steps outside to spats with Simon's adult cat and the vacuum cleaner, these cartoons show the awesome relationship that forms between owner, kitty and kitten over time. The cats also make friends with a small dog, hedgehogs, birds, bunnies and other critters from the world outside.

This was a nice diversion on a rainy day filled with housework and listening to an audiobook that is rather heavy and depressing. I needed a smile -- and my own cats are all splayed out around the house sleeping. Simon's cat and his new kitten buddy provided me some much needed smiles and laughter. :)

I love these books! There is also a youtube channel filled with awesome videos (Simon's Cat).


No comments:

Post a Comment