Monday, April 30, 2018

Simon's Cat: Feed Me!

Simon's Cat: Feed Me!
Author: Simon Tofield


Cats are obsessed with food -- eating food, catching food, playing with food, stealing food, even napping on top of food. This collection of Simon's Cat cartoons deal with that food obsession.

I smiled the whole time I was reading this cartoon collection. I have four cats (all rescues) and have fostered numerous litters of rescue kittens. They all have the same hangups and obsessions when it comes to food. I have one slightly pudgy white kitty named Festus who will bypass a full food dish to scratch open the bottom of a cat food bag and eat from the bag. We now have to keep the cat food in plastic containers with lids, and any pet food sacks inside a closet. I have another grown cat who eats bugs...if I see a spider, stink bug or any crawly critter, all I have to do is call Chester's attention to the thing. Gulp.....bug gone! The cat is so bug crazy that he can leap up and catch flies from the air. Weird cat. :)

So, given the weirdness of my own kitty herd, I knew this book would be one I would enjoy. I'm never disappointed by Simon's Cat books!

Simon's cat sizes up pet fish, steals groceries, eats peculiar things and definitely engrosses in Garfield-like binges in this lovely collection of cat-toons. Anyone who is owned by a cat will love this book!




No comments:

Post a Comment