Saturday, May 26, 2018

REVIEW: 21 Days

Twenty-One Days
Author: Anne Perry

Over the years I have enjoyed several of the Charlotte & Thomas Pitt series by Anne Perry. The author has now started a new series, featuring Charlotte & Thomas' son, Daniel Pitt. Daniel has just finished his education to be an attorney and he's glad his father is proud of him. One of his first cases involves assisting a senior attorney with a murder case. Russell Graves is accused of murdering his wife. Graves is to be executed in 21 days for the killing. Daniel has to pull out all the stops and use the investigation techniques he picked up from his father to try and find the real killer before time is up. Can he discover the truth before Graves is executed?

I enjoyed this book. At times things moved a little too slowly, but once action kicked in again it saved the plot from becoming boring. Daniel is a bit naive, but I imagine his character will develop nicely as the series moves along. I like the fact that she is aging her characters and starting Daniel out in a series of his own. Gives the books a dose of realism.

The ending had some sweet surprises that I did not expect. I like Daniel as a main character. He's just coming into his own and using the skills his parents taught him as well as his education. He is a bit too naive at times though. I'm sure he will mature as more books are written in this new series. I did find some places where the plot got a bit confusing because it referred back to events in Charlotte & Thomas Pitt novels that I haven't read. But it wasn't important enough facts to lessen my enjoyment of the story.

Can't wait for the next book in this series! I loved the first few Charlotte & Thomas books when I was a teenager. Reading this book makes me want to go back and re-read them and enjoy the books that I missed in the series over the years.

**I voluntarily read an advance readers copy of this book from Random House/Ballentine via NetGalley. All opinions expressed are entirely my own.**


No comments:

Post a Comment