Saturday, May 19, 2018

REVIEW: A Known Evil

A Known Evil
Author: Aidan Conway

After a woman is found brutally murdered with a note hammered into her chest with a nail, Detective Inspectors Michael Rossi and Luigi Carrera are noticing a pattern in recent deaths. There is a serial killer stalking the streets of Rome. Soon the killer is nicknamed The Carpenter, and the entire city is afraid. Rossi and Carrera race to find clues to discover the identity of the killer before more deaths and greater panic envelops the public. Soon the case will touch much closer to home for Detective Rossi as the killer becomes obsessed with the man hunting him. As the bodies pile up, the case becomes more and more dangerous until the detectives are willing to risk all to catch The Carpenter.

I love it when I discover a series -- and a new author -- at the very beginning. A Known Evil is the first book in the Detective Michael Rossi series....and also the debut novel for Aidan Conway. I liked the setting too. I don't think I've ever read a murder suspense/thriller story set in Rome before -- loved it!

I like the two detectives...they work well together and are willing to bend the rules to solve the case. The killer is diabolical and quite crafty. The pace of the story builds the suspense to the final reveal. The plot definitely kept my attention from beginning to end. A promising start to a new series! Book two, A Cold Flame, is coming out in July!

**I voluntarily read an advance readers copy of this book from HarperImpulse via NetGalley. All opinions are entirely  my own.**

No comments:

Post a Comment