Saturday, May 19, 2018

REVIEW: Why Kill the Innocent

Why Kill the Innocent
Author: C.S. Harris

I discovered this series a bit late in the game, but I'm sure glad I did! Why Kill the Innocent is the 13th book in the Sebastian St Cyr series. I love the mix of historical fiction and mystery. This book kept my attention from beginning to end. Interesting mystery. Great suspense and fantastic characters. I will definitely be backtracking to read the rest of this series! I hope all the books are as interesting and enjoyable to read as this one!

The basics: It's winter in London in 1814. Jane Ambrose is Princess Charlotte's music teacher.  Jane is young, beautiful, a talented pianist...and dead.  Sebastian St. Cyr's wife, Hero,  finds her bloody, frozen body buried in snow. St. Cyr knows they need to investigate the murder fast before the Royals attempt to hush it up due to the tie with Princess Charlotte. Sebastian and Hero work together to discover the identity of the murderer.

I absolutely loved the blend of historical fact and fiction in this book. I'm not sure if it differs from other books in this series, as this is the first one that I've read. But I was definitely sucked right into this story from the start. The plot proceeds at a perfect pace and there were plenty of surprises and suspects.

So happy to have found this series! I'm going to start at the beginning and read every book!

**I voluntarily read an advance readers copy of this book from Berkley Publishing via NetGalley. All opinions expressed are entirely my own.**

No comments:

Post a Comment