Wednesday, May 30, 2018

REVIEW: Gus Was a Gorgeous Ghost

Gus Was a Gorgeous Ghost
Author: Jane Thayer

Gus the Ghost is more than a bit picky about how he dresses. He has a homespun and a linen sheet and alternates wearing and washing them so he stays looking his ghostly best. After a few hundred years of haunting, he is getting a bit tired of ironing though. Then he sees an advertisement for drip-dry sheets. No more ironing! He goes to buy a new white sheet....and sees a display of colorful, beautiful sheets! He wants a little color in his life! But he has to get a bit creative!

Gus is by far my favorite character from children's books. His first story, Gus Was a Friendly Ghost, was my favorite book as a child. I discovered just this year that there are 7 more Gus stories! This series is so cute and sweet. The stories are uplifting and the illustrations by Seymour Fleishman are always wonderful.

There are 8 books in the Gus the Ghost series. Gus is friendly and loves his friends, Mouse the Mouse, Cora the Cat and even cranky old Mr. Frizzle. :) I always have a copy of the first book on my keeper shelf....and now I'm hunting down the other 7 so I can read the stories to my grandkids when they visit. I'm happy to share Gus with them! I hope they love him as much as I did!





No comments:

Post a Comment