Wednesday, February 5, 2020

REVIEW: Epic Solitude

Epic Solitude
Author: Katherine Keith

The author shares her experiences in Alaska...day to day survival, dog racing, love, loss, challenges....  Living in the wilderness brings hardship, but also a love of life, courage, strength and profound peace.

I enjoyed this glimpse into a lifestyle I have always found intriguing. I could not do what Katherine and others who love living in remote challenging areas face on a daily basis. I enjoyed reading about her life and experiences, but the writing style and disjointed storytelling really hindered me from really getting into this story as much as I wanted to. I did enjoy the book, but I never really felt emotionally invested in it. The concept and message is wonderful...but the writing itself is just ok.

I have a deep respect for those who live and thrive in remote, harsh places. I'm glad that Katherine shared her story!

**I voluntarily read a review copy of this book from Blackstone Publishing. All opinions expressed are entirely my own.**

No comments:

Post a Comment