Thursday, February 20, 2020

REVIEW: The Garden of Bewitchment

The Garden of Bewitchment
Author: Catherine Cavendish

I loved Catherine Cavendish's creepy tale The Haunting of Henderson Close, so when I saw this new title pop up I knew I had to read it! Glad I did....Cavendish delivers yet another fantastically creepy tale! This one snuck up on me.....the story, the atmosphere and the horror build slowly, but perfectly. Loved it!

Two spinster sisters move into a new cottage. They bicker a lot, as sisters will. Each has their idiosyncrasies....Claire is obsessed with the long dead Bramwell Brontë and sees things that aren't there. Evelyn becomes a bit obsessed with a neighbor, Matthew Dixon. When a strange miniature garden appears in their house....a children's game.....sinister things begin to happen. The Garden of Bewitchment is cursed, after all.....

This book is a bit like gothic suspense meets Jumanji. Very atmospheric....and incredibly entertaining! Lots of twists and creepy weirdness!

Another great book from Catherine Cavendish! I am looking foward to her next book!

**I voluntarily read a review copy of this book from Flame Tree Press. All opinions expressed are entirely my own. No ghostly Brontës assisted with the writing of this review.** 

No comments:

Post a Comment