Tuesday, February 18, 2020

REVIEW: The Sun Down Motel

The Sun Down Motel
Author: Simone St. James

"It could always be you.....''

Fell, NY. A small upstate town...quaint, not much going on....but a lot of secrets hiding in the shadows. In 1982, girls from Fell are being murdered. Vivian works at the Sun Down Motel. It's mostly boring. Nothing happens in Fell....until the murders. She decides to do a little investigating. She finds the killings to be strangely intriguing and exciting, because.....it could have been her. Or any other girl in town. It could have happened to anyone.....anyone could be the killer....anyone could be next.

.....then Vivian disappears.

Flash forward to 2017. Carly comes to town. She's Vivian's niece...and she wants answers. What happened to her aunt? She ends up working at the Sun Down Motel...just like her aunt back in 1982. And just like her aunt, she is in danger.....

This book is so spooky cool! There are strange happenings in the motel....the weird vibe in Fell....Vivian's disappearance....    Loved it! I think the line "It could always be you....'' really grabbed hold of my brain and never let go. Because it's true. I watch way too much Discovery ID Channel. The stories of disappearances, random killings, murders....the stories are always about someone else...the unlucky person in a bad relationship or just the wrong place at the wrong time. But......nobody is immune. With one mistake or twist of fate, it could be ..... anyone. It could be me. It could be you. It could be someone I know....someone you know. Maybe that's why I'm so drawn to shows like that.....it's intriguing and interesting because it COULD be me, but wasn't. I got sucked right into the atmosphere of this story. This ended up being a binge read for me.....I couldn't stop reading! Any book that keeps me reading until the wee hours of the night earns full stars from me! Very entertaining story!

I enjoyed The Broken Girls by this author, so I'm not too surprised that I also enjoyed this newest book! I added another book by her, The Haunting of Maddy Clare, to my TBR list. I'm sure I will enjoy it too!

**I voluntarily read a review copy of this book from Berkley. All opinions expressed are entirely my own.**

No comments:

Post a Comment