Monday, February 17, 2020

REVIEW: Weird Things Customers Say in Bookstores

Weird Things Customers Say in Bookstores
Author: Jennifer Campbell

This book randomly popped up in my recommendations on Goodreads. The front cover alone made me chuckle, so I immediately knew I had to read this book. I was not disappointed!

A question posed on Twitter by John Cleese -- What is your biggest pet peeve? -- motivated Jen Campbell to blog all about silly things said in her bookshop. This book expands the concept and collects funny conversations from bookshop owners in the US and Canada. Some are hilarious....others cringeworthy....some maddening....but all are just fun and entertaining to read! :)

My favorite?? This one:

Parent: (to a misbehaving child) THERE SHOULD BE NO YELLING UNLESS SOMEONE IS ON FIRE!!!

Child: (firing back immediately) What if a weasel is robbing the store?

Parent: (long pause....with a flickering of a smile) I don't know....is he armed?

:) This book made me smile!! Very entertaining!

No comments:

Post a Comment