Friday, March 31, 2023

REVIEW: Murder, She Barked

 Murder, She Barked
Author: Krista Davis


I've read this book 3 times. 2016. 2019. And now again in 2023. I started this series and loved it....but then life got in the way and I lost track of the series. Life gets in the way sometimes! Flash forward to 2023 and the Paws & Claws series now has 8 books, and I'm back to listen and read my way through all of them! 

Murder, She Barked is the first book in the series.

The basics: Holly Miller gets an emergency call from her grandma's best friend and rushes to Wagtail, VA without even packing a suitcase. She arrives to discover her grandma has been in an accident, one of the employees at the Sugar Maple Inn has been killed in a hit and run, and a thief has been stealing valuables all across town. Soon, another resident of Wagtail is dead and Holly finds herself in the middle of the investigation.

I enjoyed this book.  It's a light cozy mystery.....no blood, no graphic violence, no sex, cursing, etc. The plot is light and a bit cozy-tropey, but I didn't care. The story is fun to read! The setting is fun -- a tourist town catering to pet owners. The characters are tourist-town quirky.  Murder She Barked made for an enjoyable, relaxing listen!

Favorite characters? Trixie and Twinkletoes, of course! The dog and kitten steal the show all the way through the book! :) I love the cover art for this series - always so cute and colorful!

 The audio book is just over 9.5 hours long and narrated by Jeanie Kanaley. I have hearing loss but was easily able to hear and understand the entire book. Happily moving on to book 2 -- The Ghost and Mrs. Mewer!

Krista Davis also writes the Domestic Diva Mysteries and Pen & Ink cozy series.

No comments:

Post a Comment