Sunday, March 7, 2021

REVIEW: The Future is Yours

 The Future is Yours
Author: Dan Frey


Ben and Adhi are friends. They've been friends since college. One is extremely driven....the other is a genius with issues. A perfect combination to create something wonderful....and dangerous. A computer. But so much more than other computers or tech devices. Their invention can connect to the internet....   But, you say, almost any device including toasters can now connect to the internet. But....can they connect to the internet a year in the future? Ben and Adhi's invention can.....

Wow....this book had me thinking so many thoughts. If I could....would I? If it could be invented....should it? My ending answer was pretty much a very strong....NO. But I can definitely see the pull of such a device....people might want to know how their business will do, who they will be dating, stock prices, election results.... But could they handle the knowledge that they are going to die? Or that very bad things await them in the next year? 

Sometimes what people want....and what their decisions actually bring them....are two very different things. What if people could see those things a year in advance? Oh, it could cause all sorts of bad bad things to happen....very bad things. But once you open that gate....can it be closed again? 

Very interesting book! This is the first book by Dan Frey that I've read. I'm definitely going to read his other book, The Retreat!

**I voluntarily read a review copy of this book from Random House. All opinions expressed are entirely my own.**

3/27/2021 - Just listened to the audiobook version of this story. Loved it! Full cast. Great narrators. Enjoyed it so much! 

No comments:

Post a Comment