Thursday, March 11, 2021

REVIEW: The Invisible Woman

 The Invisible Woman
Author: Erika Robuck


This book is based on the true story of Virigina Hall, a woman recruited as an allied spy in World War II. I love reading stories about history that are about (or based on) the lives of real people. Before I read this book, I had never heard of Virginia Hall. So glad I read this book! Hall was a remarkable woman who was strong in the face of overwhelming violence and terror. 

I've read several books about female spies during the war and the French resistance, but this one definitely ranks at the top. I can't even imagine how much courage it took to do what she did. What a great story! Every time I read a story about the bravery of people in war time, I always wonder if I could be that brave myself. None of us really know how we will act when faced with danger until we are actually in that moment. Any little mistake....trusting the wrong person....saying the wrong words...could be disastrous. Can you imagine living years under that sort of fear every day? I think that's why I'm drawn to stories like this -- people thrown into very dangerous situations who learn to do wonderful, scary things to protect others. Wonderful book!

This is the first book by Erika Robuck that I've read. I'm definitely going to be reading more -- especially Hemingway's Girl and The House of Hawthorne!

Great book about a great lady! Very enjoyable! 

**I voluntarily read a review copy of this book from Berkley. All opinions expressed are entirely my own.**

No comments:

Post a Comment