Monday, March 1, 2021

REVIEW: Unleashed

 Unleashed
Author: Amy McCulloch


I loved the first novel in this series, Jinxed. So, I was definitely on board for this follow up! 

Jinx is a baku...a personalized smart pet. Lacey Chu loves her baku very much, even though she really isn't supposed to have Jinx. She found and repaired him. (Read the first book!) MONCHU the company that builds baku is up to some shady things. At the end of the first book, Lacey was in trouble...and the situation gets even more tense in Unleashed. Can Lacey and her friends prevent MONCHU from succeeding in its sinister plans?

I absolutely LOVE the idea of a fully customizable smart pet! I would own a Jinx in a heartbeat (don't tell my dogs & cats...)! 

This book closes out the Jinx duology. Excellent, cute and exciting books for middle grade readers (and adults, too!). 

I can't wait to read what Amy McCulloch writes next! Children's books are such a wonderful escape for me -- and Lord knows after the last year, I needed escape! These stories about Lacey and her baku Jinx fit the bill perfectly! 

Full stars from me! Fun, entertaining and wonderful! 

**I voluntarily read a review copy of this book....and immediately bought the audio book when it came out! :) All opinions expressed are entirely my own.** 

No comments:

Post a Comment