Tuesday, March 2, 2021

REVIEW: Stella

 Stella
Author:  McCall Hoyle


This story is told by a dog named Stella. After making a mistake sniffing out explosives, she is too anxiety ridden to continue as a working dog. She has trouble settling into a new home. She's just scared and unhappy. Then Stella meets Cloe, a human little girl that adopts her. Then she smells something wrong about Cloe....maybe she can become a new kind of service dog if she can just figure out how to get Cloe's family to understand there is something wrong. 

What a lovely middle grade book! I loved having the story told from the dog's perspective. It would be frustrating to know something so important and not be able to easily communicate! 

Wonderful book! I'm going to buy this for my granddaughter! She will love it! Such a heartwarming story!

This is the first book I've read by McCall Hoyle.I definitely want to read more! 

**I voluntarily read a review copy of this book from Shadow Mountain Publishing. All opinions expressed are entirely my own.**

No comments:

Post a Comment