Thursday, July 4, 2024

REVIEW: Borrowed Time

 Borrowed Time
Author: Elizabeth Spann Craig



I'm very glad I have almost this entire series on my TBR bookshelf because I'm binge reading this series! I love it when I come across a cozy series that I enjoy so much that I have a hard time putting the books down. I'm currently on a staycation from work, so this is like perfect timing all the way around! 

I like the main character, Librarian Ann Beckett. She is smart, a talented librarian, and a savvy amateur investigator. Her research and people skills from her career as a librarian make her a perfect amateur sleuth. I also enjoy the side characters, especially Fitz the Library Cat. 

Borrowed Time in the 3rd book in the Village Library Mystery series. This time, Ann gets invited to a fancy weekend party by a coworker. Things go south when one guest just seems to go out of his way to make everyone angry....and then ends up dead. A second murder follows.....leading Ann to believe the motivation behind the killings is much darker than a simple impulsive act of passion. 

The plot kept my attention from start to finish. The story has plenty of investigation, twists and surprises. There were enough suspects to keep me guessing, although I did know one character was involved somehow pretty quickly. But, I wasn't quite for sure until the final reveal. This 3rd book also has some nice character development for some of the regulars in this series. It will be interesting to see how things unfold!! 

I closed book 3 after reading the final sentence.....and immediately pulled Book 4 off the shelf to read. The binge continues!! 


No comments:

Post a Comment