Thursday, July 4, 2024

REVIEW: Hush-Hush

 Hush-Hush
Author: Elizabeth Spann Craig


I really like the Village Library Mystery series. I've had the books on my TBR bookshelf for quite awhile. I recently noticed a new book in the series had come out, and figured it was a perfect time to read the rest of the series....so I can buy the new book! :) 

So glad I finally started reading my way through this series. I like the main character - Librarian Ann Beckett. She uses her research and people skills as a librarian in her amateur sleuthing, and it works wonders for ferreting out the killer! I enjoy the side characters as well, especially Fitz the Library Cat. 

This time, a blackmailer has been targeting residents of Whitby and gets squashed by a falling bookshelf. You would think that residents of Whitby would be too scared to use their local library since it seems to be a murder magnet. Every killing in this series has something to do with the library or the library staff. I would definitely be checking ebooks out online and not venturing to the actual library after the first couple of dead bodies. :) 

I've been totally binge reading this series since I'm home on a staycation for a few days. Perfect timing to just read my way through the books! I enjoyed Hush-Hush - read through about half of it.....took a break to walk the dog at a local trail with my son and get GusGus a pupcup....then came back and finished reading! I had to know how things ended! I love it when I find a series that makes it hard for me to put the books down! :) 

On to the next book -- Where There's a Will!

No comments:

Post a Comment