Tuesday, February 16, 2016

REVIEW: Curiosity Thrilled the Cat

Curiosity Thrilled the Cat
Author: Sofie Kelly
Publisher: Penguin Group
324 pages
Cozy Mystery

I found this book at the library. The front cover caught my eye first, and then I saw it was part of the Magical Cats Mystery series. Yep....had to read it. Magical cats? The book definitely had to come home with me. :)

Kathleen Paulson left Boston to take a librarian position in Mayville Heights, Minnesota. The renovation of the old library building isn't going well. The contractor is surly and slow and seems to be purposefully botching the job. To make things go from bad to worse, the city's annual Wild Rose Music Festival may be in jeopardy when a dead body is found in the library. Kathleen is a suspect in the murder, so she teams up with her friends and her two cats to solve the case.

This book was a fun read. There is more than meets the eye when it comes to Kathleen's two rescue cats, Owen and Hercules.

As a book and cat lover, this cozy mystery really appealed to me. Although I found the plot a bit formula, I liked Sofie Kelly's writing style. The characters were likeable and the mystery kept me interested til the end. Just a nice, enjoyable read. I will definitely be reading the rest of this series.

My Rating: 7/10
Ages 10+

No comments:

Post a Comment