Sunday, February 28, 2016

REVIEW: Sleight of Paw

Sleight of Paw
A Magical Cat Mystery #2
Author: Sofie Kelly
Publisher: Penguin Group
312 pages
Cozy Mystery

I am a sucker for cozy mysteries with cats. I recently read the first book in this series and enjoyed it. I  immediately checked out the 2nd book from the library. I'm not sure if it was my curiosity about the magical powers of the two cats, or my wondering about the main character's love life that made me pick up the 2nd book so quickly. :)

Kathleen Paulson returns in Book 2 with her two cats, Hercules and Owen. The renovations to the Mayville Heights, Minnesota Library continue. As head librarian, Kathleen is overseeing much of the project, while also assisting with the annual Winterfest festivities. Once again, she finds herself at the center of a murder investigation when the body of an elderly woman is found in an alley.  Can Kathleen and her two feline assistants sleuth their way through another mystery? What secret was the dead woman hiding? And who killed her?

I am really enjoying this cozy series. I like Kelly's writing style, and her characters are interesting. Wondering about why the cats are so different keeps me reading the books as well. I'm hoping more information about Wisteria Hill and its feral cats will be included in the story line for book 3, (which I have checked out of the library already...ha ha) Copycat Killing. There are 7 books in the series so far.

My rating: 7/10
Ages 10+


No comments:

Post a Comment