Monday, February 15, 2016

REVIEW: This Time Together: Laughter & Reflection

This Time Together: Laughter & Reflection
Author: Carol Burnett
Audio Book
5.5 hours
Read by Carol Burnett

I usually don't listen to many audio books unless I'm going on a long drive by myself and need something for company. But when I saw this book on my local library's website, I knew this was one I needed to listen to instead of read. Carol Burnett telling her own stories....I knew it was going to be great!

I was not disappointed! Listening to this book was a joy! Burnett tells stories about her days as a struggling actress before she was discovered, then reminisces about her career. I think my favorite parts were the stories about performing The Carol Burnett Show before live audiences. It brought back so many memories of sitting in my parents' livingroom watching Burnett, Harvey Korman and Tim Conway performing their comedic magic. In my opinion, there has never been a funnier show on television. Their antics often had the live audience laughing uproariously, along with the cast members themselves.

Burnett also talks about her friendships with various celebrities including Lucille Ball, Julie Andrews, Cary Grant, and many more.

The anecdotes and stories she tells in this book are just delightful. If you are a Carol Burnett fan, I highly recommend the audio book version. Hearing her tell her stories just made the experience that much better.

My rating: 9/10
All ages

No comments:

Post a Comment