Wednesday, April 3, 2019

REVIEW: The Editor

The Editor
Author: Steven Rowley

James Smale has finally sold his book to a publisher. When he arrives at the publisher's office in New York, he is shocked to discover the editor who wants to publish his book is none other than former first lady Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis. As he progresses down the road towards publication, James has trouble finishing his story. The book is semi-autobiographical and could cause problems in his already tenuous relationships with his family and partner. He forms an unexpected friendship with Onassis, who helps him not only with the ending for his book but with his life.

Lovely book! This story sucked me right in at the start with Smale's shocked first meeting with his editor. The poor man was absolutely gobsmacked that he was in the same room with Jackie O. Turns out her wisdom would do more for Smale's life than a published book.....

This is the first book by Steven Rowley that I've read. I thoroughly enjoyed this story! I'm definitely going to be reading more by this author! I've had Lily and the Octopus on my bookshelf for quite awhile. I think it's time to move it to the top of the TBR stack and start reading! Rowley tells this story with the sweetest mix of humor, wisdom, and wit. Just a lovely story!

**I voluntarily read an advance readers copy of this book from Penguin via NetGalley. All opinions expressed are entirely my own.**

No comments:

Post a Comment