Thursday, April 18, 2019

REVIEW: Murder She Barked

Murder, She Barked
Author: Krista Davis

Holly Miller gets an emergency call from her grandma's best friend and rushes to Wagtail, VA without even packing a suitcase. She arrives to discover her grandma has been in an accident, one of the employees at the Sugar Maple Inn has been killed in a hit and run, and a thief has been stealing valuables all across town. Soon, another resident of Wagtail is dead and Holly finds herself in the middle of the investigation.

I enjoyed this book.  It's a light cozy mystery.....no blood, no graphic violence, no sex, cursing, etc. The plot is light and a bit cozy-tropey, but I didn't care. The story is fun to read! The setting is fun -- a tourist town catering to pet owners. The characters are tourist-town quirky. The main character calls her grandma "oma' -- my grandkids call me Oma. :) Murder She Barked made for an enjoyable, relaxing afternoon of reading.

Favorite characters? Trixie and Twinkletoes, of course! The dog and kitten steal the show all the way through the book! :)

There are five books so far in the Paws & Claws series, with a sixth coming out in October 2019. I've had the series on my TBR shelf for quite awhile. I read book one and then got sidetracked by other books. I listened to the audio book this time to refresh my memory before reading book 2. The audio is about 9.5 hours long and narrated by Jeanie Kanaley. I have hearing loss but was easily able to hear and understand the entire book. Happily moving on to book 2 -- The Ghost and Mrs. Mewer!

Krista Davis also writes the Domestic Diva Mysteries and Pen & Ink cozy series.




No comments:

Post a Comment