Saturday, April 6, 2019

REVIEW: Undad

Undad
Authors/Artists: Shane W. Smith, Diego & Andrea Lopez Mata, Joseph Canave

Brett Buckley deals with dad-stuff.....kids, work, his marriage, responsibility...it all comes with the territory. Then, a chance meeting with a strange homeless man changes everything. One bite from the stranger makes Brett...different. He goes from being a strict vegetarian to craving meat. He has wickedly violent dreams. He eats his son's hamster.

How do you tell your family that you're a zombie? And how do you deal with being so.....hungry?

I love a good zombie story, and when I saw the title to this graphic novel .... Undad .... I knew I had to read it!

I loved the story. Brett goes through hell trying to figure out what has happened to him, how to gain control of himself, and how to tell his family he's undead.

This project was originally funded by Kickstarter, which I find supremely cool. I'm always excited about supporting creative indie projects. It was evident that the artwork was mostly digital and that several artists worked on the project. The art style changed between chapters. But....that didn't dampen my enjoyment of the story. Some of the art was excellent....some less so. But overall, I enjoyed this graphic novel. I'm definitely on-board for Undad Volume 2. I need to know what happens next! :)



Fun read! I did feel a bit sorry for the hamster though..... 

**I voluntarily read a free copy of this graphic novel provided by the author. All opinions expressed are entirely my own. No zombies -- or hamsters -- were harmed in the writing of this review. My dogs protest the fact that the hamster eating was initially blamed on the dog. :) **

No comments:

Post a Comment