Tuesday, April 2, 2019

REVIEW: The Loch Ness Papers

The Loch Ness Papers
Author: Paige Shelton

The Loch Ness Papers is the 4th book in the Scottish Bookshop Mystery series. I enjoy this cozy series. It has a nice mix of humor and mystery. The setting is awesome and the characters are fun and quirky. This time around, book enthusiast and seller Delaney Nichols meets and befriends an elderly man who is a local expert on the Loch Ness Monster. Norval Fraser is obsessed with the monster. and has been researching it for decades since the disappearance of his father. Norval firmly believes Nessie took his father. When the old man becomes a suspect in the murder of his great-nephew, Delaney steps in to help prove his innocence.

This book is a fun read. I love the fact that the Loch Ness Monster figures into the story. Who doesn't love Nessie? Norval is an interesting character. I found myself wondering as much about his notes and information on Nessie as I did about the murder mystery. Wouldn't it be so cool to read through someone's notes and observations on a cryptozoological mystery as famous as Nessie?

I enjoyed the plot. The mystery moved along at a nice pace with plenty of suspects and sleuthing. Although the ending wasn't a big surprise for me, I liked this story from start to finish. I will definitely be reading more of this series. I love the characters and the setting.

**I voluntarily read an advance readers copy of this book from St. Martin's Press via NetGalley. All opinions expressed are entirely my own.**

No comments:

Post a Comment