Tuesday, April 16, 2019

REVIEW: Hacker - A Sulan Story

Hacker: A Sulan Story
Author: Camille Picott

The Sulan series is a YA dystopian series. Hacker is a prequel novella introducing the world and characters from the series. Hank works as a hacker. She started out laundering money for Logan, a dangerous criminal. But now she's expected to erase people...wiping out all record of their existence. Hank knows she can't spend the rest of her life working for Logan. He kills people. How can she protect her family, but escape from Logan?

This story is so action-packed and interesting! It kept my attention from start to finish. This is my first experience with Author Camille Picott and the Sulan series. I will definitely be reading more! This story really made me want to know what happens to Hank in the future, and what she does with her amazing computer skills.

I like Hank as a main character. She wants to make sure her parents and little brother are safe. She's willing to do just about anything to make sure they are fed and happy....except work for a murderer. She is definitely an intelligent and strong female character!

I listened to the audio book version of this free novella. The audio is 2.5 hours long and is narrated by Gwendolyn Druyor. Druyor reads at a nice even pace. Her performance is top notch...she really made the action scenes exciting!

There are seven books in the Sulan series. I bought a copy of book one, The League, after finishing this prequel story. Can't wait to read it!

**I voluntarily read this story after receiving a free copy from the author. All opinions expressed are entirely my own.**

No comments:

Post a Comment