Saturday, March 4, 2023

REVIEW: The Drift

 The Drift
Author: C.J. Tudor


C.J. Tudor has been one of my favorite authors ever since I read the Chalk Man. I was a bit hesitant to read a post-apocalypic pandemic-style story given...well, you know. But since it was by C.J. Tudor.....I got over it and read this book. So glad I did! I loved the blend of suspense, creepiness and survival. 

This book is 3 intertwining stories meshed together. A medical student on a train. A woman trapped on a cable car. A man working in a medical research facility. Add in a killer virus and a deadly mountain blizzard. 

I'm not going to say anything else about the main plot. I've seen too many reviews of this book with major plot spoilers. I will say that this story is scary in spots, very suspenseful and creepy-cool. I started reading and ended up on a hours long binge reading session. 

C.J. Tudor never disappoints me! I loved this book! I can't wait to find out what she will come up with next! Very entertaining read! When the audio book releases, I'm going to listen to this story again. Somehow stories like this creep me out even more when they are read to me!

**I voluntarily read a review copy of this book from Random House/Ballantine. All opinions expressed are entirely my own**


No comments:

Post a Comment