Saturday, March 4, 2023

REVIEW: A Midsummer Night's Scheme

 A Midsummer Night's Scheme
Author: Harper Kincaid


A Midsummer Night's Scheme is the second book in the Bookbinding Mystery series. I'm so glad I read this book. The story is just fun and totally entertaining!

The basics: Quinn Caine's life gets a bit chaotic when a famous actor returns to their town. Chad was a real jerk when he lived in Vienna....and he's pretty much still a complete jerk when he comes back to flaunt his Tony award winning career and lifestyle. His womanizing bad behavior doesn't get much of a change to pop out, as he soon turns up dead. When the killer's next target seems to be a family member, Quinn finds herself on the trail of a killer. Can she catch a murderer before the curtain comes down on her own brother? 

This book was just fun to read. I loved the mix of light hearted humor, wit and cozy mystery. I like the characters in this series and the book related background plot. The mystery moves at a nice pace. There is plenty of sleuthing, suspects and twists. Loved it! 

I am definitely going to keep reading this series. Very entertaining!

 I also listened to the audio book version of this story. Narrated by Renee Dorian, the audio is over 7 hours long. Dorian gives a great voice acting performance bringing to life the mystery and humor in this story. I enjoyed listening to this story in the car and while working around the house. Definitely a very enjoyable audio book!  I had a review copy of the audio and also checked it out via my lovely local library on Hoopla so I could listen on my computer as well as on my phone.

 **I voluntarily read a review copy of this book from Crooked Lane Books and audio book from Dreamscape Media. All opinions expressed are entirely my own.**


No comments:

Post a Comment