Saturday, March 4, 2023

REVIEW: Of Manners and Murder

 Of Manners and Murder
Author: Anastasia Hastings


When I first read the description of this first book in a new series, I knew I had to read it. It just sounded so entertaining and refreshingly different! I'm glad I read this book. It was a completely entertaining story!

The basics: When Violet's aunt takes off on a trip to distant parts with her lover, Violet is forced to take on her aunt's persona as Miss Hermoine, the most popular women's advice columnist in 1885 London. When the writer of the first letter she receives turns up dead, Violet finds herself on the trail of a killer. 

This book is a wonderful mix of period cozy mystery, humor and wit. Just a fun story to read! I enjoyed every word! There is an audio book out as well, and I plan to listen very soon. I can tell this story will be one that is just as fun to listen to as it was to read.Totally worth a second visit!

I am definitely going to keep reading this series. This first book has me hooked! I can't wait to find out what happens next! 

**I voluntarily read a review copy of this book from St Martins Press. All opinions expressed are entirely my own.**


No comments:

Post a Comment