Saturday, March 4, 2023

REVIEW: Standing Dead

 Standing Dead
Author: Margaret Mizushima


I have been faithfully reading the Timber Creek K-9 series since book 1. Standing Dead is the 8th book in the series, and I enjoyed it just as much as all of the others! Margaret Mizushima never disappoints me!

The basics: Deputy Mattie Cobb's mother and her husband disappear in Mexico. A note taped to Mattie's door in Timber Creek, sends the sheriff's department into the high country to investigate. Mattie is forced to go undercover to save her family members. 

I'm not going to say more than bare bones info about the plot as it's always best to go into a suspense story without much information on the plot. I can say that this story is gritty, suspenseful and downright creepy in some parts. I enjoyed every word!

I enjoy the setting, the action and the characters in this series. Robo is an awesome K-9 officer, and Mattie is a very strong main character. Margaret Mizushima is a very skilled writer, getting in all the nuances of a K-9 team, investigation, procedures and action. 

I'm definitely eagerly awaiting the next book in this series! Always an enjoyable read! 

**I voluntarily read a review copy of this book from Crooked Lane Books. All opinions expressed are entirely my own**

No comments:

Post a Comment