Friday, March 3, 2023

REVIEW: The Crime that Binds

 The Crime That Binds
Author: Laurie Cass


I have been reading the Bookmobile Cat series since it first started! The Crime that Binds is book #10 in the series. While I am still sad that Minnie no longer lives on her houseboat (something that made this series so different), I still love, love, love Eddie the Cat's Mrrrr commentary and the characters in this series. 

The basics: As Chilson, MI residents start to have dreams of spring, Minnie finds herself trying to absolve a Bookmobile patron of robbery and murder, while also sleuthing out the perpetrator of an art theft and second murder. 

I listened to the audio book version of this newest book in this series. Narrated by Erin Bennett, the audio is just shy of 9 hours long. Bennett does a good job of voicing all the characters and doing Eddie's signature Mrrrr. I enjoyed her performance. She reads at a nice pace, and has a pleasant voice.  The story itself dragged in spots for me, but was mostly very enjoyable.

Entertaining new story in this series. I'm definitely in line for the next book! 

 Favorite character? Eddie the Cat of course! Mrrrrrr!

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment