Monday, March 20, 2023

REVIEW: Steeped in Suspicion

 Steeped in Suspicion
Author: Eryn Scott


I love it when I "discover'' a new-to-me author and find the first book I read by them completely entertaining and enjoyable! 

I am currently on a stay-cation, and decided that I wanted to just relax and read today.  The past year has really cut into my reading time -- a 1500 mile move, new job, new everything -- so I've been struggling to actually find time to sit and read. Today I took that time! And I am so glad that I did! As a book blogger, I download a lot of indy published books and read as many as I can. I end up on a lot of author newsletter lists, and today I just happened to have an email in my inbox from Eryn Scott. I decided right then and there that I wanted to try out something new! I clicked around on the lovely, colorful newsletter until I ended up on Eryn's website, and I picked the series that caught my interest the most. 

The Pebble Cove Teahouse Mysteries. 

I am a tea fanatic! I work from home, and my tea/coffee bar is right by my desk. My tea stash is large...because tea is my zen! So, of course, I had to read the series about a teahouse! Perfect choice - it was a total binge read for me.

The basics: Rosemary's estranged grandmother passes away and leaves her a Victorian teahouse. She expects to come into town, arrange for sale of the house and return to Portland. But childhood memories, a ghost, and a dead body washing up on the beach change her plans. Can Rosemary figure out what's going on in Pebble Cove before she becomes the killer's next target?

This story was completely entertaining and the mystery/side plots kept my attention from start to finish! I liked the setting -- Pebble Cove sounds like a place I would enjoy visiting. The characters were all charming...except the evil-doer of course! And, I didn't guess the killer before the reveal. 

Pebble Cove Mysteries is a completed series of 8 books and an epilogue novella to round out the ending. I can't wait to read the next book in the series to find out what happens next!! 

I'm definitely reading this series from start to finish. Book 1 sucked me right in! 

On to book 2 -- I have it borrowed on Kindle Unlimited already! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment