Monday, April 13, 2020

REVIEW: The Dark Continent

The Dark Continent
Author: Scott Reardon

I am a hopeless junkie when it comes to sci-fi/thrillers about augmented humans. I jump right on stories about undercover government operations that mistakenly believe that because they CAN scientifically create an augmented, stronger, more violent person that they SHOULD. I get sucked right into the story....and even find myself talking back to the book "Oh...now that's such a good idea'' or "I wouldn't go in there looking for the violent, superstrong, angry escapee if I were you....''

The Dark Continent is the first book I've read by Scott Reardon....and I will definitely be coming back for more. Not only did his story have me talking to the book....but it was a total binge read for me! Loved it! I could definitely see this book as a film....I would definitely watch it!

Although the concept of Project Prometheus has been done before in books and on film, Reardon creates a really gripping story. The Dark Continent is well-written and definitely an exciting read. I couldn't put it down! There is another book -- The Prometheus Man -- that is technically the first book in the series. But, the stories are independent of each other and do not need to be read in order.

I will be reading The Prometheus Man next, and I look forward to more from this author!

**I voluntarily read a review copy of this book from Aspen Press. All opinions expressed are entirely my own.**

No comments:

Post a Comment