Tuesday, April 28, 2020

REVIEW: The Paris Mysteries

The Paris Mysteries
Author: Edgar Allan Poe

Monsieur Chevalier Auguste Dupin. A character created by Edgar Allan Poe....the fictional amateur detective that started an entire genre and inspired authors like Arthur Conan Doyle to create other fictional detectives. Dupin is a complex, amazingly intelligent and observant man. It's a shame that Poe did not pen more stories about him!

This book contains three stories: The Murders in the Rue Morgue, The mystery of Marie Roget, and The Purloined Letter. I love Poe's writing, so I have read these tales many times. And I enjoyed this chance to revisit them. I enjoyed having all of Dupin's investigations in one volume.

I definitely recommend these stories to any reader who loves detective fiction. The tales are written in that dark, chilling way that Poe mastered.

**I voluntarily read a review copy of this book from Pushkin Vertigo. All opinions expressed are entirely my own.**

No comments:

Post a Comment