Sunday, April 12, 2020

REVIEW: Murder at Mena House

Murder at Mena House
Author: Erica Ruth Neubauer

Agatha Christie has been my favorite author since I was 9 years old. So I am definitely a Golden Age Mystery fan. When I first saw the blurb for this book, I was immediately intrigued. Egypt. 1926. Cairo. Fancy Hotel. Murder. Sounds like a setting Agatha would have applauded! So...yep....had to read it! :)

I'm glad I did! Jane Wunderly and her Aunt Millie are enjoyable characters. The setting and time period made for a great backdrop for a murder mystery. There were plenty of suspects and twists, and the story is well written. Just a very entertaining reading experience for a golden age fan!

The cover art is very eye-catching! It pulled me right into the story. Awesome artwork!

Murder at Mena House is the first book in the Jane Wunderly mystery series and is Erica Ruth Neubauer's first book. I'm definitely looking forward to more stories in this series....and more books by this author! I wonder what adventures and travels Jane will be having next? :)

**I voluntarily read a review copy of this book from Kensington. All opinions expressed are entirely my own.**

No comments:

Post a Comment