Monday, April 6, 2020

REVIEW: Mind Over Weight

Mind Over Weight
Author: Ian K. Smith, M.D.

Developing a personal diet and fitness plan -- and sticking to it -- is as much a mental challenge as it is a physical one. As someone who has struggled with making realistic goals and sticking with my eating and fitness program for the long haul, I really needed a book like this one!

I enjoyed Ian K. Smith's book Clean & Lean. His no-nonsense, straight forward approach to eating and weight loss made incorporating intermittent fasting into my lifestyle an easy switch. When I saw the title to this new book, I knew I had to read it! I'm glad I did....there is so much awesome information in this book!

Mind Over Weight covers many of the pitfalls of starting a diet/fitness plan -- motivation, making realistic goals, assessing your readiness to start a program, and sticking with it. There are lots of places to personalize your book by filling in your goals/strengths/weaknesses. I'm definitely buying a copy of this for my keeper shelf! I like the fact that I can fill in my thoughts and goals and make the book part of my personal fitness/healthy eating journey.

Another great book from Ian K. Smith. I'm definitely eagerly awaiting his next one!

**I voluntarily read a review copy of this book from St. Martin's Press. All opinions expressed are entirely my own.**

No comments:

Post a Comment