Monday, April 20, 2020

REVIEW: Gone With the Whisker

Gone With the Whisker
Author: Laurie Cass

I have been reading the Bookmobile Cat Mystery series with a huge smile on my face ever since the first book came out in 2013. I'm not sure if it's the library bookmobile theme, the characters, or Eddie the Cat that makes these books some of my favorite cozy mysteries...most likely it's a combination of them all.

Gone With the Whisker is the 8th book in this series. It's summertime in Chilton, MI and Librarian Minnie Hamilton is busy! Not only is it the start of tourist season, but she's also dealing with lots of changes in her life -- her boyfriend's house renovation project, someone else running her aunt's boarding house, and her teenage niece has come to stay with her for the summer. Minnie isn't about to let anything ruin her summer.....not even a dead body. Yep. Another one. Soon Minnie, her niece and the usual cast of characters (even Eddie!) are all on the trail of a killer.....

As usual, this was a fun visit to Chilton! The mystery plot was entertaining....and there are plenty of suspects and sleuthing. I got a bit tired of Kate's constant angst....but by the end of the book, the character had grown on me. Eddie is his usual self. Another entertaining read in this series! The cover art is awesome as usual!

I am definitely looking forward to the next book in this series! It took my mind off being cooped up in the house for Easter weekend this year....

**I voluntarily read a review copy of this book from Berkley Publishing. All opinions expressed are entirely my own. Mrrr!**

No comments:

Post a Comment