Friday, October 16, 2020

REVIEW: Broom with a View

 Broom With a View
Author: Sara Bourgeois



Things in Coventry keep getting weirder....     Brighton wakes up one morning to see a very hunky man working in her yard. What's the stranger doing there? Plus there may be a killer lurking in the shadows....and one of her family shows up. Never a dull moment!

The Witches of Coventry is an entertaining, fun cozy mystery series. I'm enjoying the characters, the plots and the touch-of-paranormal in this series. Definitely a great cozy series to enjoy in October!

Brighton is intelligent, just coming into her witchy powers, and a great amateur sleuth. Her familiar is snarky and quite talented. Annika and Remy great side characters. Thorne is a bit brooding, but still likable. 

I like the mix of mystery, paranormal and humor in this series. I'm enjoying the shorter length as well. The audio books range in length from 3-4 hours each. I can easily listen during my commute and while doing housework and finish a story in 1-2 days. Nice listening length! Rebecca Mitchell does a great job narrating. She really brings the characters to life. 

Broom With a View is the 3rd book in the series. I have been binge listening.....streaking right through the first 3 books and on to the 4th now within the same week. After book 5 though I will have to slow down -- no audio books. Books 6-11 will have to be evening and weekend reading. And, then there's a spin off series -- Familiar Kitten Mysteries! 

I'm glad I found this series! I needed something entertaining and fun to read/listen to that was a shorter length. Something less involved...and just....FUN. Brain candy. A story to get lost in that lets me relax and just enjoy reading. Covid19......the pace of my job.....home responsibilities....just the stress of 2020 in general ---- I needed a break. This series fits that perfectly!!!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment