Sunday, October 4, 2020

REVIEW: The Ghost and Mrs. McClure

 The Ghost and Mrs. McClure
Author: Cleo Coyle


I read the first five books in the Haunted Bookshop series more than 10 years ago and fell in love with the characters. I was SO happy in 2018 when the author started adding new books again! Then the audio books popped up on Audible+, so I decided to revisit the series from the start! I have the whole series in paperback on my keeper shelf, and now I can enjoy having them read to me! Woot! 

The basics: Penelope McClure is recently widowed. She decides to start a new life, moving to Rhode Island to help her aunt run her bookshop. Just when things start looking up, a best-selling author drops dead in the middle of a book signing and Penelope discovers the bookshop is haunted by the ghost of a long-dead detective, Jack Shepard. 

I love this series! I love ghost stories and cozy mysteries -- and this is a fun blend of both. The humor and a big dose of old time detective-speak make these stories entertaining. Penelope and Jack make a great crime fighting duo!

Narrated by Caroline Shaffer and Traber Burns, the audio book is just over 7 hours long. Shaffer and Burns do a great job of voice acting! Very entertaining listen!

So happy this series is included in Audible+. I'm going to listen to the entire series! 

 

[7/22/2023 - I just listened to this audio book again because I'm listening to the series from start to finish. I tried to do this a few years ago and life interrupted. So started over at the beginning again! I just love the characters, esp Jack, of course.]

No comments:

Post a Comment