Saturday, October 3, 2020

REVIEW: Zombie Fallout - Zero

 Zombie Fallout: Zero
Author - Mark Tufo


In the fall, once the temperatures start to fall and the trees on the mountains here in western NC start to change color, I start getting that feeling.....that Halloween I-Want-to-Read-All-Things-Horror feeling! And there is nothing I like better than a good apocalyptic zombie tale! I found this lovely little series starter on Audible+ and dove right into the zombie goodness!

The basics: The government rolls out a flu vaccine. All personnel on military bases and civilians are required to get the shots. The vaccine is distributed world-wide in fact. Millions line up....    But there's more involved than a simple flu vaccine. Something else was added....something vile and purposeful. And....out of control. Instead of a controlled culling...the military creates the zombie apocalypse. Ooooooops....

This story has a lot of action and suspense.....and gore, biting and shuffling hordes. Perfect! I liked the military vibe of this prequel. Tufo also adds in some humor and sarcasm. Makes for a fun read! 

I have not read any of the Zombie Fallout series yet. Mark Tufo is a new-to-me author. I did read in other reviews that this story is a prequel to the Zombie Fallout series and doesn't really involve most of the characters from the actual series. It's more of an origin story for how the zombie invasion got started. I like series prequel stories. It gives me a chance to try out a bit of the author's writing and story to see if it's something I want to investigate further. For readers of the Zombie Fallout series, this story just gives some background to how events unfolded. 

Narrated by Sean Runnette, the audio is just under 3 hours long. Runnette does a great job of voice acting. He brought the characters to life and kept the action exciting. Great listening experience!

I'm definitely going to read the Zombie Fallout series. I like Tufo's story telling style, and I'm always up for a great zombie tale!

No comments:

Post a Comment