Thursday, October 15, 2020

REVIEW: Escape Room

 Escape Room
Author: Maren Stoffels


I enjoyed Fright Night by this author, and really wanted to enjoy this story as well. But, the story line was just a bit too disjointed for me. I expected a creepy story about an escape room, but this book ended up being a mish-mash of slasher/crazy killer, teen angst, and disintegration of friendships. For me, the plot line suffered from identity crisis....is it a horror story? or a coming of age reality tale where friends reveal their sexuality, secrets and real feelings? Just too confusing to have a story that tries to do both.

The confusion over where the plot was going made the twists in the story line just not work for me. 

I'm definitely going to try more by this author. I liked Fright Night, and she is a skilled writer. This particular story was just not for me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment