Thursday, August 26, 2021

REVIEW: The Darkness Knows

 The Darkness Knows
Author: Arnaldur Indriðason


When a well-presevered body is found on a glacier, a retired detective gets pulled into the case. The dead man disappeared 30 years before and the investigation stalled for lack of evidence. Konrad comes back to re-open the case. New information, the body, and sheer determination might finally solve this death. 

I got sucked right into this book! I can see why this author is known as the "king'' of Icelandic suspense thrillers. The setting, the cold case, the main character -- totally hooked from the start! 

I read about 2/3 of my review copy, paused, and snagged the audio book from Audible, as my local libraries (I have cards from 3) have no books by this author. I wanted to HEAR the story -- hits harder for me if I listen on audio. Just personal preference.  There are several books in this series, and the author has another series, Detective Erlendur, as well. ST MARTIN'S PRESS/MACMILLAN AUDIO: Please please please please make more of this author's work available in English!!!! PLEASE! I am begging with this face: 


You cannot resist The Face. And I can't wait for more books! 

The audiobook is fantastic! Narrated by Sean Barrett, the audio is just shy of 9 hours long. Easy listening length. Barrett does a superb job of voice acting. Very entertaining listening experience! 

For thriller/suspense fans & those who love icelandic detective procedurals -- I highly recommend this book!  And, I have to say this would make a great movie or television show! Someone make it happen! 

**I voluntarily read a review copy of this book from St Martin's Press (and purchased the audio book as well so this disclaimer really isn't necessary but I'm including it for more begging -- PLEASE more in English!). All opinions expressed are entirely my own.**

No comments:

Post a Comment