Sunday, August 1, 2021

REVIEW: Godspeed

 Godspeed
Author: Nikolas Butler


If it seems to good to be true, it probably is. 

A small construction firm in Wyoming is hired to finish a project in record speed. A wealthy homeowner wants True Triangle Construction to finish the house project by Christmas. The project would give them notoriety and a huge bonus....but something just doesn't seem quite right. The pull of the project is just too strong. The three men at True Triangle -- Cole, Bart and Teddy -- have no clue how obsessed and driven they will become to finish the house. And what the consequences will be. 

Wow! I love it when I come across a thriller that has a twisted and completely different plot. The concepts of greed and what it can lead people to do, avarice and the behavior of the uber rich is nothing new. But wrapping those emotions and foibles around a house project in Jackson, Wyoming just made this story so entertaining and suspenseful! Something different! Human nature and mind-F'ery as in most thrillers....but the backbone of the plot was refreshingly new for me!

This is the first book I've read by this author. I'm definitely reading more! I really enjoyed this story. At times, I knew what direction things were going to head, but I was never sure how the characters were going to get to those depths. I couldn't put the book down once I got into the meat of the story. Butler takes his time setting up the scenario...but once things got rolling downhill, I just couldn't stop reading! 

**I voluntarily read a review copy of this book from Penguin Group/Putnam. All opinions expressed are entirely my own.**

No comments:

Post a Comment