Monday, August 2, 2021

REVIEW: Give Me a K I L L

 Give Me a K I L L 
Author: R.L. Stine


Gretchen Wyatt didn't expect this rocky of a start to her first days at Shadyside High -- fighting over the one open spot on the cheerleading squad. And she certainly didn't expect the competition to be murder....literally.

R.L. Stine takes teenage drama and sprinkles in just the right amount of blood and horror to make this story entertaining. The main characters are pretty much cheerleader and mean girl stereotypes, but that's expected. That's how Fear Street stories work....take the usual teen stereotypes rehashed over and over in movies and books, but add in some twisty horror. Let's face it...there's no way the Shadyside Cheerleading squad is going to stop at just normal teen angst. There will be blood and screams....

I listened to the audio version of this story. The audio is just short of 5.5 hours long and narrated by Brittany Pressley. She gives an excellent voice acting performance. The story kept my attention from start to finish. The story is definitely geared to its target YA audience, but I still enjoyed it. I didn't expect the ending -- R.L. Stine always seems to deliver a great ending! 

**I voluntarily listened to a review copy of this audio book from Macmillan Audio. All opinions expressed are entirely my own.**

No comments:

Post a Comment