Friday, August 20, 2021

REVIEW: The Guilt Trip

 The Guilt Trip
Author: Sandie Jones


Old friends from college and their spouses. A family wedding on a cliff top in Portugal. Catching up. Meeting a new addition to the family. It should be a wonderful trip, right? ..... Right? It might have been....if secrets had stayed secret. But, hidden truths just have this strange knack of coming into the light at the most wrong times. 

I can sum this story up in one word. Twisted. OMG -- there was so much going on in this story right from the start and so many twists, turns and reveals, that it ended up being a total binge read for me. I'll be honest -- the characters in this book are a total train wreck. But I couldn't look away.....

I started out reading an ebook review copy...then got a review copy of the audio book as well. This story riveted  my attention in print and audio both. The audio book is narrated by Clare Corbett and runs 10.5 hours long. Corbett does a great job of voice acting. She brought the horribly unlikable characters to life. 

The ending was perfect. The story is disturbing, but the wrap up was oddly satisfying. Karma. 

This is the first book by Sandie Jones that I've read. It was such wicked fun that I'm definitely reading more by her! 

**I voluntarily read a review copy -- and listened to a review audio book -- of this story. All opinions expressed are entirely my own.**


No comments:

Post a Comment