Saturday, August 21, 2021

REVIEW: Death in Castle Dark

 Death in Castle Dark
Author: Veronica Bond


Nora Blake takes a gig performing at a gothic castle tourist destination. The castle is set up as a immersive mystery dinner theater where all the guests play the detective and actors perform all around them. In return, the performers are paid well, get catered meals and free room/board.  An acting job. New friends. And living in castle? How could she pass it up! (I wouldn't!) When one of the actors is found murdered, suddenly the dinner theater is shut down and the cast is dealing with the police. It's almost like one of their performances came to life....only with a real murder at the heart of it. 

OMG! I love the setting and characters in this book! I had such a good time reading this story. A dinner theater at a castle venue. I wish this was a real place! Take my money! I would participate in a heart beat. And what a dream job! Well....a bit tarnished dream job when one of her colleagues is murdered. But hey -- no job is perfect, right? 

I not only read a digital review copy of this book, but I also purchased the audio book. Immediate purchase -- and very entertaining listen! Narrated by Imani Jade Powers, the audio is a bit over 9 hours long. Powers has a nice voice, reads at a steady pace and gives a great voice acting performance. I highly recommend the audio book! 

This is the first book by Veronica Bond that I've read -- and the first book in this new cozy series. I will be eagerly awaiting the next book!

**I voluntarily read a review copy of this book from Berkley (and purchased the audio book as well). All opinions expressed are entirely my own**

No comments:

Post a Comment